Healthy bakes: our favourite healthy recipes at VITL
Autumn is here and with the Great British Bake Off in full swing, we thought we would put together a list of our all time favourite healthy VITL bakes! So grab your spatulas, pop the oven on, and get ready to BAKE!
- Our all time favourite bake has to be none other than the VITL Greens Banana Bread by our very own, Libby Limon. This flavoursome banana bread is a delicious way to start your morning or enjoy post workout. It’s packed full of protein and contains our VITL Greens powder for an extra energy boost!
- In a very close second place, it has to be these eye-popping Chewy Superfood Brownies by Sam Gillett from Wondering Poppy. Free from gluten and refined sugar, they are just the afternoon indulgence you have been looking for.
- In third place, it's non other than healthy food hero, Madeleine Shaw's Healthy Vanilla And Pomegranate Sponge Cake. Recently awarded 2016's top blogger in the Pure Package Wellness awards, you know this one's going to be a good'un.
- Made all the cuter by Arta from Vegancy's adorable flower moulds, these Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are ideal for share around the office. We recommend making a double batch though because they won't be around for very long!
- There's definitely space for two different brownie recipes on this list because, let's be fair, brownies have totally earned it. Packed with plant proteins, antioxidants, and healthy fats, these brownies are great for maintaining balanced blood sugar levels unlike the sugar and sweetener-filled options you'll find in the shops. Made by VITL Nutritionist, Libby Limon, these Raw Chocolate Protein Brownies are just what you need after hitting the gym.
- Another cracker made especially for VITL by the talented Madeleine Shaw: Gluten-Free Buckwheat Waffles With Cinnamon Spiced Apple. "This is my idea of the perfect Sunday morning breakfast", says Madeleine, "simple to make, yet nourishing and ever so tasty."
- VITL Ambassador Healthy Jon knows a thing or two about baking, that's for sure. His Chocolate Coconut Protein Pancakes are incredibly versatile; great on their own or with any number of delicious toppings, they're also an ideal on-the-go healthy snack.
- Green fudge - it sounds like something from a Dr Seuss story but trust us, it tastes like something from a fairy tale.
- It is universally agreed that the smell of granola baking in the oven is top tummy-rumble inducer and you can guarantee that this Protein-Packed VITL Greens Granola will have you leaping out of bed in the morning.
- As if we needed convincing to eat more ginger, Tiffany from Tweedlet's came up with this healthy Gingerbread Caramel Slice recipe. Loaded with cinnamon and ginger, these will definitely get you into the autumnal spirit.